Becoming a Member
Rotary International was founded in Chicago USA in 1905 and established in Australia in 1921. Rotary is the worldʼs leading global network of community volunteers with members drawn from business, the professions and the community.
Membership is open to men and women and provides opportunities to:
• become connected to your community
• work with others in addressing community needs
• interact with other professionals in your community
• assist with Rotary International's international humanitarian service efforts
• establish contacts with an international network of professionals
• develop leadership skills
• involve family in promoting service efforts
Membership is generally by invitation and you may be nominated by a Club member. Alternatively, you may attend several meetings to meet members of the Club so that they get to know you well enough to invite you to join. At the same time, you will have an opportunity to learn about Rotary and to decide whether it is for you.
When you join a Rotary Club you automatically become part of Rotary International worldwide. When travelling you will be welcome to attend Rotary Clubs throughout the world.
Interested in finding out more? - go to "get-involved/join"
You are also welcome to attend one of our Rotary Club meetings.
To find out more please contact Ian Nicol (President)
on 0409 651 035.